Recipe: Oven-Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
Summary: This simple roasting approach doesn’t require stirring or flipping, just put the tray in the oven and cook until fork-tender.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters. Toss them with the olive oil, rosemary, and salt, in a large bowl. Place potato wedges cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet which has been greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and roast without flipping for 30 minutes or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6
This is our favorite way of cooking “fries” as well. Fun to experiment with the seasonings. Love how the baking method, while so much healthier, combined with the starch of freshly cut potatoes creates a crisp “shell” that is delightful to munch, as if it had been deep fried.
I absolutely agree Bill. And you’ve given me an idea. I think it would be fun to try letting my kids spice the potatoes in their own way, for a little trial-and-error experience, and creative control.