Recipe: Stand-Up Meatloaf
- For the loaf:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork (if available, otherwise additional ground beef)
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (such as A1)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the beef, pork, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper, in a large bowl. Place the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and form into a loaf four inches wide by three inches tall.
- For the sauce, stir together the ketchup and steak sauce in a separate bowl. Set aside half of the sauce to be served alongside after cooking, and spread the rest evenly along the top of the loaf (be careful not to let the raw meat come into contact with the sauce you reserve for later).
- Bake the meatloaf until a meat thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf reads 150 F, about 1 hour (cooking time will vary depending on the exact thickness of your loaf). If you don’t have a thermometer, check it with a knife, cooking until juices run clear and no pink remains in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into 3/4-inch slices and serve with reserved sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Leave a Reply