Recipe: Cobb Salad
Summary: This hearty salad makes a great do-ahead meal, and is a little extravagant, but great for converting salad skeptics. Cobb Salad was invented by the owner of the original Brown Derby Restaurant, who was tired of hotdogs and burgers (sound familiar?).
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and cut to bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 4 ounces bleu cheese dressing
- 4 ounces cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered, or sliced with an egg slicer
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 fresh avocado, chopped
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce and croutons with the bleu cheese dressing.
- Arrange on plates and top with bacon, chicken, eggs, tomatoes, and avocado.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)